Dr. Swagata Sarkar
OPD Schedule Days:
SATURDAY – TUESDAY: 8:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Request an Appointment
WEDNESDAY : 9.00 A.M. – 5.00 P.M.
THURSDAY: 8:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
FRIDAY: INPATIENT AND EMERGENCY ONLY.
- M.B.B.S. (Gold Medalist)
- M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- F.R.F (Fellow Retina Foundation)
- F.M.R.F. (Fellow Medical Research Foundation)
- Vitreo- Retinal Fellow SankaraNethralaya
- Low vision aid Trainee L.V. Prasad Eye Institute
- Proud recipient of the “Best Paper Award” at 140th Research Meeting of MRC Bombay.
- Published and presented papers in various prestigious conferences all over the world.
- Consultant Eye Specialist and Vitreo- Retinal Surgeon
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrathi, Tamil
Professional Experience: More than 45000 successful Surgeries over the past 15 years.
Dr. Swagata Sarkar, MS, FMRF is an Experienced Ophthalmologist and Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon who has been in practice for last 15 years in many reputed Premier Eye Care Institutes and Multispecialty Hospitals across India like:
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
- SevenHills Hospital and Health City Ltd.
- Hinduja Healthcare Hospitals Ltd.
- Sankara Nethralaya
- Bombay Hospital
He has been awarded several Gold Medals at NAAC Accredited Grade “A” Certified Educational Institutes during his medical career and in the last 15 years in providing high quality direct medical care to patients with comprehensive ophthalmology needs including:
- Cataract surgeries using Phaco-emulsification and No injection anaesthesia
- Premium Multifocal and Toric Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Refractive Lens Exchange for Freedom from Eye Glasses
- Lasers for Management of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Intravitreal Injection Therapies for Management of Diabetic Macular Oedema
- Age Related Macular Degeneration Management
- Retinal Detachment and Vitrectomy Surgeries
- Macular Hole Surgeries
- Ocular Inflammatory and Autoimmune Disorder (Uveitis) Management
- Glaucoma and Combined Phaco-Trabeculectomy Surgeries
- Dry Eye therapies and Ocular Surface Reconstruction using Amniotic Membrane Grafts
Dr. Sarkar is also actively involved in various clinical research activities and has been part of numerous clinical research and drug safety trial programmes in the past. He is also the proud recipient of the “Best Paper Award” at 140th Research Meeting of MRC Bombay.
Dr. Sarkar is currently available to provide high quality Eye care Services based on his vast experience and in accordance with International standards at Bahrain Specialist Hospital.
Read 1 Times