Department of Nephrology here at Bahrain Specialist Hospital checks on normal kidney function and kidney problems, the preservation of kidney health, and the treatment of kidney problems, from diet and medication to renal replacement therapy (dialysis and kidney transplantation).
Systemic conditions that affect the kidneys (such as diabetes and autoimmune disease) and systemic problems that occur as a result of kidney problems (such as renal osteodystrophy and hypertension) are also taken keen care here at Department of Nephrology. Bahrain Specialist Hospital Nephrology Department is following the best evidence based practice with International Guidelines in management of Nephrology and Hypertension patients.
- Dialysis center is a center of excellence at Bahrain Specialist Hospital.
- We have 8 beds equiped with state-of-the-art hemodialysis machines providing the Outpatients & Inpatients dialysis service
- The dialysis efficiency is directly assessed during the hemodialysis process. Standardized fluid shift system
- All beds are equipped with facilities, TV and on call system for emergency
- There is isolation room with separate dialysis machine for patients with communicable/infectious disease
- The rooms have a separate air-conditioner and ventilation system
- The dialysis procedure is performed by well trained and highly qualified staff
Scope of Services:
- Management and Treatment of Acute kidney disease
- Management and Treatment of Chronic kidney disease
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney transplant
- Glomerular disease
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Chronic kidney disease in Pregnancy
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance