The Obstetrics and Gynecology Department at Bahrain Specialist Hospital handles regular obstetrical and gynecological cases in coordination with a 24-hour functional operation theatre. Emergency admissions such as those involving acute heavy bleeding, ectopic pregnancy etc. are handled alongside the routine work.
Our Obstetricians believe in evidence-based sharing of information for the overall wellbeing of mother and babies before, during, and after delivery. Our Gynecologists provide the support required to treat a range of female reproductive and urinary systems across all age groups.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers the following services, along with a fully certified staff:
- Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Screening for Down Syndrome and other Chromosomal Disorders
- Normal and Cesarean Deliveries
- Ultrasound, CT, MRI
- Contraceptive Guidance
- Menstrual and Hormonal Disorders
- Infertility Management
- Hysteroscopy for Endometrial Pathology
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Laparoscopy
- Menopausal and Osteoporosis Management
- Pap Smear and Colposcopy for cervical screening
- Breast Cancer Screening and Mammograms
Birth Centre and NICU
We have a dedicated floor for the care of mother and the child with all state of the art facilities. The birth centre with a dedicated operation theatre is designed in such a manner keeping in mind the comforts of the lady going through the delivery process. All monitoring facilities are available for the mother and the child for their safety.
The presence of a Neonatal ICU on the same floor enables us to handle all types of complicated deliveries.
We are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for:
- Micromanipulation/Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Laser Assisted Hatching (LAH)
- Semen and Embryo Cryopreservation
- And with fully functional Andrology Laboratory for diagnostic and therapeutic tests
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance