Our Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Bahrain Specialst Hospital is one of the rare specialties in Bahrain and is committed to excellence in patient care, research, education and advocacy. We offer comprehensive and evidence-based diagnosis and management for adults and children with conditions within the spectrum of allergic/immunology disorders, including asthma, food allergy, atopic dermatitis (eczema), year-round and seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever), anaphylaxis, sinusitis, angioedema (swelling), urticaria (hives), stinging insect allergy, common variable immunodeficiency, aspirin sensitivity syndromes, chronic cough and drug allergy.
Our physicians also have experience in diagnosis and treatment of rare and difficult-to-treat conditions including C1 inhibitor deficiency syndromes, severe asthma, systemic mast cell disorders (e.g. mastocytosis), resistant-to-treat urticaria and complex disorders of the immune system. We offer extensive evaluations that may include skin testing and challenge procedures to rule out or confirm a diagnosis.
For patients with allergic or immunologic disorders, we offer a broad range of treatment options including medications, biologic agents, immunoglobulin replacement, drug desensitization and allergen immunotherapy.
Scope of Services:
- General Pediatrics Care
- Adult and Pediatric environmental allergies and asthma
- Adult and Pediatric allergic skin diseases including Eczema, contact dermatitis and Urticaria
- Adult and Pediatric Food allergies
- Adult and Pediatric primary immune deficiency
- Adult and Pediatric Autoinflammatory and Autoimmune disorders
- Adult and Pediatric Medication/ Drug allergies
- Adult and Pediatric Immunogenetic disorders, Immune dysregulation, Hypereosinophilia and mast cell disorders
- Adult and Pediatric Allergen Challenges and Desensitization
- Adult and Pediatric Immunotherapy (Subcutaneous, Sublingual and Oral)
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance